Recipe by Sandi (From CA)
Finding myself equipped with (almost) everything I needed for last night’s Indian feast, I discovered much to my dismay that I didn’t have any naan. (The horror!) We’re not really “bread people”, so it’s easy for me to overlook this. I did, however, remember that I had, on a recent Trader Joe’s trip, picked up some mini pitas. Man, have you tried those puppies? This is by no means an authentic naan, though it’s round and breadish, but you can fake out your pitas by doing the following...
- 1 -2 garlic clove (peeled and minced or chopped)
- 1⁄4-1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 -2 dash salt
- 8 mini pita pockets
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat broiler.
- Combine the first four ingredients and mix well.
- Arrange pitas on baking sheet. Drizzle teaspoonful of garlic/oil mixture over each pita, spreading it to the edges with the back of the spoon.
- Broil for a couple of minutes to lightly brown, but be careful not to burn.
- Chow down with Sue L’s Recipe #47590 or your favorite hummous!