Prep 2 mins
Cook 2 mins
Finding myself equipped with (almost) everything I needed for last night’s Indian feast, I discovered much to my dismay that I didn’t have any naan. (The horror!) We’re not really “bread people”, so it’s easy for me to overlook this. I did, however, remember that I had, on a recent Trader Joe’s trip, picked up some mini pitas. Man, have you tried those puppies? This is by no means an authentic naan, though it’s round and breadish, but you can fake out your pitas by doing the following...
- 1 -2 garlic clove (peeled and minced or chopped)
- 1⁄4-1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 -2 dash salt
- 8 mini pita pockets
- Preheat broiler.
- Combine the first four ingredients and mix well.
- Arrange pitas on baking sheet. Drizzle teaspoonful of garlic/oil mixture over each pita, spreading it to the edges with the back of the spoon.
- Broil for a couple of minutes to lightly brown, but be careful not to burn.
- Chow down with Sue L’s Recipe #47590 or your favorite hummous!
This was great. I had an ambitious menu as it was. So I was very glad to have such a simple recipe. It turned out great. Thanks for posting.
Absolutely perfect, and saved me in a pinch! I used my George Foreman Grill instead of the broiler. Worked great.
This got the "this is amazing" vote from my guys, which is highest praise. I had some pita that was going to go stale and a dinner that needed something extra - so this was perfect! Thanks for posting.