These are superb with soups and salads or as a simple appetizer. Try experimenting with other toppings such as grated parmesan cheese or grated lemon rind. Taken from the Family Circle Cookbook. The easiest way to apply the egg mixture is if you spoon some in the middle and then use a pastry brush to spread it to the edges of the chip...enjoy!
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Lightly coat 2 or 3 baking sheets with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cut each pita into 4 wedges, then gently cut or pull each wedge apart, to form a total of 64 triangles.
- Combine parsley, egg white, olive oil, garlic and salt in small bowl.
- Spoon some of the parsley mixture over rough side of each triangle.
- Place triangles, parsley side up, in single layer on baking sheets.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 to 18 minutes or until edges of triangles are toasted and parsley topping is set.
- Cool chips on baking sheets on wire racks.
When you have the garlic bread CRAVE! The recipe will be all the rave! LOW fat, how's that...TRUE! MUNCH, MUNCH...LOVE the crunch too!
Wow, these were good! Everyone loved them and they were great served with homemade tzatziki and on their own. I have tried a few recipes for pita chips and this was definitely the best, I will make these again. I did run out of the topping and made another half batch at the end, but my package of pita was 10 oz instead of 8.
I loved these! They were great with the hot broccoli dip (recipe 48526). I don't think I cooked mine long enough, though, because the longer they sat, they got kinda soft. Not soggy, but not crunchy. So I think I will cook them longer next time. But SO good. Thanks!!