Recipe by jonesies
These are superb with soups and salads or as a simple appetizer. Try experimenting with other toppings such as grated parmesan cheese or grated lemon rind. Taken from the Family Circle Cookbook. The easiest way to apply the egg mixture is if you spoon some in the middle and then use a pastry brush to spread it to the edges of the chip...enjoy!
- 1 (8 ounce) package whole wheat pita bread
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Lightly coat 2 or 3 baking sheets with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cut each pita into 4 wedges, then gently cut or pull each wedge apart, to form a total of 64 triangles.
- Combine parsley, egg white, olive oil, garlic and salt in small bowl.
- Spoon some of the parsley mixture over rough side of each triangle.
- Place triangles, parsley side up, in single layer on baking sheets.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 to 18 minutes or until edges of triangles are toasted and parsley topping is set.
- Cool chips on baking sheets on wire racks.