1/1 Photo of Garlic Pita Chips
These are superb with soups and salads or as a simple appetizer. Try experimenting with other toppings such as grated parmesan cheese or grated lemon rind. Taken from the Family Circle Cookbook. The easiest way to apply the egg mixture is if you spoon some in the middle and then use a pastry brush to spread it to the edges of the chip...enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- 2Lightly coat 2 or 3 baking sheets with nonstick cooking spray.
- 3Cut each pita into 4 wedges, then gently cut or pull each wedge apart, to form a total of 64 triangles.
- 4Combine parsley, egg white, olive oil, garlic and salt in small bowl.
- 5Spoon some of the parsley mixture over rough side of each triangle.
- 6Place triangles, parsley side up, in single layer on baking sheets.
- 7Bake in preheated oven for 15 to 18 minutes or until edges of triangles are toasted and parsley topping is set.
- 8Cool chips on baking sheets on wire racks.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Garlic Pita Chips
Serving Size: 1 (391 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 17.8
- Calories from Fat 8
- Total Fat 0.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 34.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.4 g