Prep 6 hrs
Cook 15 mins
Garlic, paprika, butter, clam, baccon...yeah I know, I fell in love the first bite. *Recipe from Emeril's cookbook.
- 1 lb butter, room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped pimiento
- 5 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chives, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 4 dozen littleneck clams, scrubbed
- 4 slices raw bacon, frozen
- Prepare the butter: In a mixing bowl, combine the butter, pimentos, garlic, and chives.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Mix well.
- Add parsley.
- Mix well.
- Spoon the butter onto a piece of parchment paper, for a long 1-inch round log.
- Roll the log up tightly in the parchment paper.
- Wrap the butter log a second time in plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate until firm (*Ialways make more of this butter. It's really versatile and hey, how can you have too much butter?) Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- With an oyster knife, shuck each clam, remove the top shell and place on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Loosen the clams away from the bottom shell.
- Remove the butter from the refrigerator and slice into thin pats.
- Place the pieces of bacon on top of each other and slice into 1-inch pieces.
- Place a pat of the butter on top of each shucked clam.
- Lay a piece of bacon on top of the butter.
- Place on the top rack in the oven and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, or until the bacon is crispy.
- Remove from the oven and place the clams on a large platter.
- Pour any pan drippings over the clams.
- Garnish with parsley.