Recipe by Sharon123
I love a good pickled green bean recipe and these beans are very good!
Top Review by Leta
A very tasty marinated green bean, these would be great in any cold salad; and would make a great green bean for marinated 3 bean salad. A really good picnic item. I only had enough mixture to do 4 pints of beans, but I do have a tendency to rapid simmer this type of recipe, and possibly I simmered away some of the mixture; so I would caution anyone to be sure and simmer slowly. Thank you for sharing.
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 3 3⁄4 cups white wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 4 bay leaves
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- 6 black peppercorns
- 2 teaspoons dill seeds
- 2 lbs fresh green beans, trimmed
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium saucepan combine 1 teaspoons.
- of the salt with the vinegar, sugar, garlic, bay leaves, onions, peppercorns and dill seed.
- Place the pan over moderate heat and bring liquid to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, cover the pan and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, half fill another medium pan with water and bring to boil over moderate heat.
- Add remaining salt and beans and cook for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Remove the pan from heat and drain beans.
- Place them upright in dry, clean jars.
- Set aside.
- Remove vinegar mixture from heat.
- Strain the mixture over the beans up to the top of jars.
- Seal, and boil in a hot water bath for 10 minutes Store in a dark, cool place.