Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
Ribbons of pork loin marinated in a kicky sweet sour sauce, skewered with green onions and quickly grilled. An easy do-ahead prep makes this dish ideal for a cookout without a lot of last minute fuss. Note: Minimum marinating time is included in prep time.
- Cut pork into 1/8-inch-thick strips; place in non reactive dish.
- Prepare marinade : Combine all remaining ingredients except green onions in a small bowl.
- Pour marinade over pork; cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Thread pork slices ribbon style onto metal skewers (or bamboo skewers that have been soaked in water for 30 minutes), alternating pork with green onions.
- At this point, skewers can be tightly covered and refrigerated until grilling time.
- Grill over medium-hot heat about 3 minutes per side until no longer pink in center. Do not overcook.
Delicious!!! Loved this flavorful marinade and the green onion added just the right touch of mild smokey onion flavor. It was a little more work making these skewers than I like, but well worth the effort. Thanks for posting this fantastic recipe!
I cut the black pepper to half, and put lime zest in the marinade. I have to confess to being a bit skeptical, as the marinade didn't taste terrific. I added a little more brown sugar. In went the meat slices, covered and stored in the fridge for about 5 hours. Once grilled, this pork was amazing!! Really fantastic. We overcooked it by about 2 minutes, so next time we'll be more careful. Flavor was outstanding. Served with creamy potatoes and rustic roasted vegetables...wow, what a dinner. This is 5 stars all the way! Skeptical no more!!
This recipe was great! We loved it and my children has asked for it again. I marinated it overnight and the pork was really tender. I served it with a Greek orzo salad. This is a keeper and will be made again and again. LOL Thanks Susie