This is one of my favorite Thai dishes from a nearby restaurant. The smell of this cooking and then the caramelized garlic just sends my boyfriend over the top. Posting so I do not lose the recipe. You can also use pork instead of chicken.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 chicken breasts (cut into 1-inch square pieces)
- 6 garlic cloves, chopped (or more if you want it super tasty)
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 cup peanut oil (for frying)
- lettuce leaf (for garnish)
- cucumber, slices (for garnish)
- 1Combine chicken, minced garlic, ground white pepper, soy sauce, salt, oyster sauce, and sugar in a bowl and mix thoroughly.
- 2Allow to marinate for at least 1/2 an hour in the refrigerator.
- 3Preheat a frying pan over high heat and add peanut oil.
- 4Heat oil for 2 minutes and place the marinated chicken pieces in the pan.
- 5Cook for 5-10 minutes.
- 6Drain left over oil from chicken (I usually just poor the oil into a can and keep the chicken in the pan) on paper towels.
- 7serve with jasmine rice or sticky rice, lettuce leaves, and cucumber slices.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Garlic Pepper Chicken - Mix Bowl Thai (Gai Tod Kratiem Prik Tai)
Serving Size: 1 (329 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 269.7
- Calories from Fat 182
- Total Fat 20.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 46.4 mg
- Sodium 711.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 16.0 g