Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is one of my favorite Thai dishes from a nearby restaurant. The smell of this cooking and then the caramelized garlic just sends my boyfriend over the top. Posting so I do not lose the recipe. You can also use pork instead of chicken.
- 2 chicken breasts (cut into 1-inch square pieces)
- 6 garlic cloves, chopped (or more if you want it super tasty)
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄4 cup peanut oil (for frying)
- lettuce leaf (for garnish)
- cucumber, slices (for garnish)
- Combine chicken, minced garlic, ground white pepper, soy sauce, salt, oyster sauce, and sugar in a bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Allow to marinate for at least 1/2 an hour in the refrigerator.
- Preheat a frying pan over high heat and add peanut oil.
- Heat oil for 2 minutes and place the marinated chicken pieces in the pan.
- Cook for 5-10 minutes.
- Drain left over oil from chicken (I usually just poor the oil into a can and keep the chicken in the pan) on paper towels.
- serve with jasmine rice or sticky rice, lettuce leaves, and cucumber slices.