Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
My own rendition of Applebee's Penne Pasta Chicken. Its fairly quick and easy and the kids love it.
Make and share this Garlic Penne Pasta With Grilled Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 lb penne pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 medium onion
- 1 medium green pepper
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 2 -4 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups milk (I use 2%)
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- lemon zest
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
- Cook 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast in 1 tbsp olive oil for 5-7 min or until almost done add ½ cup green pepper and ½ cup sweet onion. Cook until tender.
- Cook 1 lb penne pasta.
- Add chicken, green peppers and onions too Penni pasta.
- Cook 1 stick of butter or margarine until melted, add 2 handfuls of flour to make a paste, cook approx 3-5 minute Add 2 cloves of garlic, minced; cook 3-5 min more. Add 2 cups of milk and bring to boil, stirring constantly. Cook until is consistency of a sauce for pasta, approx 10-15 min stirring frequently (I use a wire whisk).
- Add pasta and chicken to sauce, add lemon zest, salt and pepper and a pinch of nutmeg.
- Bake in a 375°F oven for 15 minute add ½ cup of Parmesan cheese and bake another 10-15 min covered.
- I add grated cheese sometimes at the end of baking for a more cheesy taste.