My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 3/4 cup parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 3/4 cup aged asiago cheese, finely grated
- 1/2 cup provolone cheese, finely grated
- 1/2 cup gorgonzola, finely grated
- 6 -8 garlic cloves, peeled and pressed
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup pine nuts (optional)
- salt and pepper
- 1Melt butter in heavy 8-inch saucepan.
- 2Add flour to make a roux, cooking until light tan.
- 3Off heat, pour in boiling milk, stir back on heat to boil.
- 4This makes a smooth, thick basic white sauce.
- 5Add cheese and garlic and stir to corporate.
- 6Use cream to bring to desired consistency.
- 7Microwave pine nuts 1-1/2 minutes on high or briefly saute' with a little butter, then add to sauce if desired.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Garlic Pasta Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (385 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 937.9
- Calories from Fat 709
- Total Fat 78.8 g
- Saturated Fat 49.5 g
- Cholesterol 240.7 mg
- Sodium 1581.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 37.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: