1/3 Photos of Garlic Pasta Salad With Pecans
This is my own recipe. I use it for most special occasions, with shrimp, and potlucks, with chicken. You can adapt it with just about any fresh veggie or cooked meat you would like! Cut the mayonnaise by half and make up the difference with plain yogurt, or sub plain yogurt entirely, for an eggless dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups rotini pasta, uncooked (I use tri color rotini)
- 2 cups boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked, cut into 1/2 inch cubes or 2 cups cooked shrimp, de-tailed
- 1/2 lb colby cheese, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 (12 ounce) bag frozen peas, thawed or 2 cups fresh broccoli or 1 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) bag pecan halves, unsalted
- 1 cup grapes, halved (I use red seedless grapes for color)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 (1 ounce) packet Lipton Recipe Secrets savory herb with garlic soup mix
- 1Cook pasta rinse well, and chill.
- 2In a small bowl, mix mayonnaise and Lipton Recipe Secrets until well blended.
- 3Cover, let stand in refrigerator to combine flavor, while you prepare remaining ingredients.
- 4In a large bowl, combine remaining ingredients (hold out a few pecans and grapes for garnish). Add pasta and mayonnaise mixture, toss until well coated.
- 5Place in serving bowl.
- 6Top with remaining grapes and pecans.
- 7IF substituting the fresh broccoli, eat or throw about the salad after 2 days. the broccoli tastes funny after that. (not that we often HAVE leftovers!) We haven't tried the bell pepper option yet, due to an allergy, but friends assure me it's very good.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Garlic Pasta Salad With Pecans
Serving Size: 1 (144 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 601.6
- Calories from Fat 361
- Total Fat 40.2 g
- Saturated Fat 10.1 g
- Cholesterol 35.9 mg
- Sodium 292.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.5 g
- Sugars 9.3 g
- Protein 20.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
boneless skinless chicken breasts
Lipton Recipe Secrets savory herb with garlic soup mix