This freezes and reheats very well. My son likes it in his thermos for lunch. I usually use whole wheat pasta.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook pasta according to package directions.
- 2While pasta cooks, melt butter over low heat in a saucepan.
- 3Add garlic and minced onion.
- 4Add the flour and cook and stir until smooth.
- 5Gradually add the milk, whisking the whole time. When the sauce has thickened, stir in the cheese, bouillon granules and herb.
- 6Stir until cheese melts.
- 7You can package this two ways for the freezer:.
- 8Place pasta in one baggie and sauce in another and place them both in one larger baggie. Seal and freeze. OR.
- 9Mix them together and package in single serving or meal sized portions. (this is what I do)
- 10To serve: Thaw in fridge or microwave thaw. Heat on stovetop or in microwave until warmed through and bubbly. Add a little bit of chicken broth when reheating to keep it creamy. If reheating the whole recipe it will need between 1/2 cup to 1 cup. Just check to make sure it stays moist and creamy.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Garlic Pasta - OAMC
Serving Size: 1 (145 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 353.1
- Calories from Fat 111
- Total Fat 12.4 g
- Saturated Fat 7.0 g
- Cholesterol 34.9 mg
- Sodium 253.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.4 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 9.9 g