Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A great base pasta recipe that you can customize to your liking by adding chicken, broccoli, mushrooms, whatever! Since this recipe is stripped down, I really recommend the fresh herbs.
- 453.59 g package dry penne pasta
- 1 medium head garlic, peeled and chopped
- 118.29 ml olive oil
- 14.79 ml chopped fresh basil
- 14.79 ml chopped fresh oregano
- 29.58 ml chopped fresh parsley
- 14.79 ml crushed red pepper flakes
- 236.59 ml grated parmesan cheese
- 1) Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook pasta in boiling water for 8 to 10 minutes, or until al dente; drain.
- 2) In a skillet, saute garlic in oil on low heat, just hot enough to make the garlic sizzle; about 10 to 15 minutes.
- 3) Season with basil, oregano, parsley, and crushed red pepper, and remove from heat.
- 4) In a large bowl, toss cooked pasta with garlic and herb mixture, and let sit for 3 to 5 minutes. Sprinkle with Parmesan, and serve.
I made this for dinner tonight...making the garlic sauce as directed. However, my daughters had a friend over to work on drills for the Civil Air Patrol. I figured after an afternoon of marching and PT he would want some meat. I cooked up some Becco's Italian sausage (local to our area) and sauteed some onion and peppers and mixed it in with the pasta and garlic. As good as it was, my kids asked if I would please make this again next week but not make any changes to your recipe. So, it looks as if I will be making your Garlic Pasta again real soon. Thanks for posting Ci-Ci. Made and reviewed for Spring PAC 2012.