Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is from the Frugal Gourmet cookbook. I've always counted on this recipe for a simple, yet fantastic, side pasta dish.
- 8 garlic cloves
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄2 lb pasta, cooked (weight before cooking)
- parmesan cheese (to taste) or romano cheese, grated (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped, for garnish
- Thinly slice the garlic and saute in the olive oil until not quite browned.
- Add the cream, tiny bit of salt, and ample pepper.
- Simmer for a moment to reduce the cream.
- Toss the cream with the hot pasta, just removed from the water.
- Add lots of cheese and a parsley garnish.
My family gobbled this up in no time,,, I guess you could say they loved it! It was a great side dish with Baked Parmesan Chicken... It will go well with many meat, poultry, and fish dishes I make, and we look forward to having it again soon!
Yum! We choose to use fresh fettuccine and parmesan cheese, I also used a little extra cream but left it simmering a little longer. I think the key on making the flavour enhance to use ample freshly cracked black pepper. My husband thought it was great with a drizzle of truffle oil. My daughter loved it just as it is and I added a pinch of chilli flakes, just because I love a little kick. Served with organic broad beans and asparagus. We all enjoyed this recipe very much, thank you for posting mersaydees.
I prepared this as a main dish, and found it to be lacking in enough flavor to carry a meal. However, it would be a fantastic side dish for Chicken Marsala, Chicken Piccata or Saltimbocca. I am going to store it for future use as a side and give it a second try later.