Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
You will love the fragrance in your kitchen while this is baking.
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 3 cups bread flour
- 3 tablespoons wheat germ
- 3 tablespoons wheat bran
- 1 3⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 2 tablespoons parsley, fresh chopped
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- Add all ingredients in the order suggested by your bread machine manual and process on the basic bread cycle according to the manufacturer's directions.
- Let the loaf cool before slicing.
- Serve plain or toasted.
- Makes 1 1/2 pound loaf.
Served this last night, along with pasta. This recipe is a keeper, good taste and texture, as well as the added health benefits of wheat germ and bran. I didn't have fresh parsley, so I used 1 tsp. of dried.
What a tasty loaf of bread! I made this just as written. It had a great aroma when it was baking, and was very tasty as toast this morning, slathered with butter. Can't wait for my lunchtime sammich! Thanks, Geema, this is a winner!
I made this quite a while ago and just realized I never reviewed it. This was pretty much a flop in my machine - didn't rise well and ended up crispy-cruncy around the edges and dense. The flavor was OK - but nothing extraordinary. Not a bad recipe as far as flavor goes but not anything I'll be making again.