Recipe by Dancer^
I have made these a few times. I cut the oil down quite a bit and substitute chicken or beef broth. The recipe can be doubled or tripled.
- 16 -20 large white mushrooms
- 3 -4 garlic cloves, pressed or 3 -4 finely minced garlic
- 1⁄4 cup dried breadcrumbs (or 1/2 cup fresh)
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 -4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 egg
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Remove stems from mushrooms.
- If you've got a melon baller, scoop out some of the mushroom's insides.
- Chop all mushroom bits finely.
- In medium bowl, combine all ingredients and blend well.
- Add more oil if mixture looks dry.
- Should look shiny.
- Lightly oil an oven proof-serving dish
- Use a spoon to stuff mushroom caps and place in oiled baking dish
- Bake for 30 minutes or until tops are browned and mushrooms are soft
- Serve warm or at room temperature.