Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
I have made these a few times. I cut the oil down quite a bit and substitute chicken or beef broth. The recipe can be doubled or tripled.
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Remove stems from mushrooms.
- If you've got a melon baller, scoop out some of the mushroom's insides.
- Chop all mushroom bits finely.
- In medium bowl, combine all ingredients and blend well.
- Add more oil if mixture looks dry.
- Should look shiny.
- Lightly oil an oven proof-serving dish
- Use a spoon to stuff mushroom caps and place in oiled baking dish
- Bake for 30 minutes or until tops are browned and mushrooms are soft
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
great recipe! made it for two separate holiday parties. used soy parmesan, egg whites, and subbed water for the oil. everyone raved- and couldn't believe they were healthy!
I subbed for water also, with no egg as some of the reviews did..... I added bacon bits 1st in the mushroom, then added the panko breadcrumb mixture... I added just a touch of soy sauce before I baked 30 minutes..... After the big mushrooms were done, I added more cheese and baked 5 minutes more..... OH MY Gosh......... Thank U .... This was to good Michael
I used 4 field mushrooms (weight of 100g each), 1 cup of fresh wholemeal breadcrumbs, 1 tablespoon (5 cloves) minced garlic, 1/4 cup grated parmesan and 4 tablespoon olive oil (didn't need the egg); this filled the 4 mushrooms with a little extra parmesan on top and took 30 minutes to cook. Thank you Dancer for the recipe.