Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
It doesnt get much easier than this! Use on top of your favorite type of bread or rolls for a great cheesy garlic bread! Source: The One-Armed Cook Cookbook. Shown here with Beef Ramen Stir Fry (highly recommended) on an English muffin.
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley (on occasion I have also used dried Italian seasoning)
- French bread or Italian bread or any type rolls or bun
- Combine all ingredients, stirring well to mix.
- Spread on your favorite bread.
- Broil in preheated oven on the middle oven rack for about 5 minutes (watch closely) or until golden brown and bubbly.
This was great stuff! This was also the first time in years I've used my broiler - don't know why I avoid it. I used this on an "Italian Round" loaf which I sliced up. Unfortunately I didn't let the butter soften up enough, and it was more crumbled than turned into a spread, which made it a little difficult to deal with, but that's my fault. But it melted nicely and tasted great. I might suggest even more garlic powder though, and maybe a little less butter (like 6-7T instead of 8T).
this was quick easy delicious and a big hit at my dinner party-thanks mamma bear!
I loved this recipe. I found this in the same cookbook. I use hoagie buns (I have really bad luck with using the broiler, so I baked it at 425 degrees for 8-10 minutes), I've also spread this on toast & it's good that way too. Thanks for posting!