Prep 10 mins
Cook 18 mins
This is a recipe from Pillsbury web site. This is a easy bread to put together when time is short.
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped (I used 1 teaspoon jarred minced garlic)
- 3 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 (12 ounce) canpillsbury golden layers refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a small bowl, stir together butter, garlic, cheese and parsley.
- Remove biscuits from container. On baking pan with sides, make 2 loaves of 5 biscuits each.
- Set the biscuits on their sides, just touching each other end to end, like they were in the can, only in 2 groups of 5.
- Split each biscuit in half (horizontally).
- Divide the butter evenly between biscuits and spread in between split layers.
- Reshape the loaves.
- Bake 11 to 14 minutes (mine took close to 18 minutes) or until loaves are deep golden brown and thoroughly baked.
Allowing the fact that our can of biscuits was only eight instead of ten, the outcome was still delicious and attractive. Made for Top Favorites of 2009 Cookbook tag.
This recipe was so easy to put together & the resulting bread is VERY TASTY! And, although in some circumstances this might serve 6-8, two of us devoured over half of it in one sitting! Definitely a keeper around here! Thanks for sharing! [Tagged, made & reviewed as a PRESSIE in the Aus/NZ 12 Days of Christmas Recipe Swap]