Prep 1 hr 40 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a tasty pizza dough...and yes, I have thrown it into my bread maker in the dough cycle to make it even easier!
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 2⁄3 cups water
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 4 cups bread flour, plus more for kneading
- 1 envelope savory herb with garlic soup mix
- 1 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, plus more for the pans and bowl
- In a small bowl, sprinkle the yeast over the water and stir in the sugar.
- Let the mixture stand until it bubbles, about 10 minutes.
- Place the flour, soup mix, and cheese in a large mixing bowl or food processor fitted with a steel blade.
- Add the yeast mixture and oil and stir with a wooden spoon or process until the mixture forms a ball If mixing by hand, turn the dough out onto a floured board and knead it until it is smooth and elastic, about 5 minutes.
- Oil the inside of a medium mixing bowl and turn the dough into the bowl, coating it with the oil.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let the dough rise in a warm, dry spot until it is doubled in bulk, about 60-90 minutes Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Coat 2 pizza pans with olive oil.
- Punch the dough down, cut it in half, and form it into two balls.
- Working on a floured counter, flatten each piece of dough with a rolling pin, rolling it out into a 12" circle.
- Place each dough round on a prepared pizza pan Top the dough with your favorite toppings and bake the pizza until the crust is crispy, about 20-25 minutes.
I made this tonight but modified it. Instead of 1 envelope savory herb with garlic soup mix, I used 2 1/2 tsp garlic powder and only 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese (no time to buy a new bottle). It was really yummy and my husband enjoyed it. The crust is thick enough but soft and very tasty! Thank you for the great recipe!
This was a fantastic recipe, and the pizza crust will be one of our favorites from now on! I actually put it in my bread machine, and it was so very easy. Made wonderful pizzas. Thanks for a keeper!!
Really easy & delicious pizza crust! I'm not much of a baker, but the directions were perfect and it was quick to fix even kneading it by hand! Very well flavored! We made one of the crusts larger and put thin strips of string cheese all around the edge and folded the dough over it to make "cheese in the crust" and it turned out beautifully! The smaller crust I baked plain & popped in the freezer for a quick lunch some day! Thanks, Tish!!