Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
For a simple, easy supper just add a garden salad and crusty bread.
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons garlic powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 8 ounces fettuccine, cooked and drained
- 1 1⁄2 cups broccoli florets, steamed crisp-tender
- 3 tablespoons walnuts, chopped
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- Melt margarine in a large skillet; add basil, lemon juice, garlic powder, and seasoned salt, mixing well.
- Add the fettuccine, broccoli, and walnuts; mix well; add cheese; toss to coat.
- Serve immediately.
This made a nice meatless dinner. I only added about half of the lemon juice that the recipe called for and next time I will probably omit it all together--just a personal preference. The walnuts were a great addition. Thanks for the recipe!
This was a GREAT pasta side dish. Will probably taste great with some marinated chicken & broccoli (left it out). I used about 2 cups leftover elbow macaroni (I think about 2 oz uncooked), and greatly cut the sauce-and still found it to be very flavorful. I used 3/4 tsp light butter, 3/4 tsp olive oil, 1/8 tsp basil, 1/8 tsp lemon juice, 1/16 tsp seas salt, 1/4 tsp garlic powder & then 1 1/2 tsp parm cheese. Whew! It was a great compliment to the chicken parmesan-hubby ate it up! Will try whole wheat pasta next time.
This was a very flavorful pasta. I made it without the broccoli and walnuts last week and I will make it tonight WITH the broccoli as a side to chicken! We did both love it and I added about 1/2 cup parmesan when tossing. The "parmesan" part of the pasta was left out of the ingredients in the recipe... just the title! :)