Prep 1 hr
Cook 20 mins
This flavorful recipe is one that takes little time to execute and is sure to please most any veggie lover! It is inspired by the Grilled Garlic and Parmesean Veggie Skewers at Logan's Steak House, but is my own recreation of their recipe. This recipe can be used with a variety of vegetables, I suppose, but my personal favorites are those that I've included in the recipe. (Mushrooms make a pretty good addition). All the ingredients are approximate and can be tweaked to any cook's liking! I hope you enjoy; Bon Appetite! :)
- 4 short skewers
- 1⁄2 cup extra light olive oil
- 2 -3 fresh garlic cloves, minced
- 1 -2 tablespoon parmesan cheese
- 1 vine ripe tomatoes, cored and seeded
- 1⁄2 small green pepper, cored and seeded
- 1⁄2 small white onion
- 1 small zucchini
- Mix olive oil, garlic, salt, and pepper in a medium sized bowl; let set for about an hour to let all flavors blend.
- Cut all vegetables into bite-size pieces (appx 1").
- Toss veggies in the olive oil/garlic mix and coat evenly.
- Slide veggie's onto skewers one-by-one leaving a small space in between each - group onions to lessen chance of burning.
- Add additional salt and pepper if desired, and then sprinkle with parmesean cheese, turning skewers to ensure even coating.
- Place on top rack over medium flame in a preheated grill. Cook for about 15 - 20 minutes turning occasionally to prevent charring.
- Remove from grill when veggies start to brown and become tender. Sprinkle with additional parmesean cheese if desired, and serve.