Cristi Hinten's Note:
Another Pinterest favorite. Would work great with chicken also
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 pork chops (bone-in or boneless 1/2-inch thick Center-cut loin )
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rubbed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3/4 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1Spread Parmesan cheese in a shallow dish. Beat eggs with 1 tablespoon vegetable oil in another shallow dish. Spread bread crumbs in a third shallow dish.
- 2Pat the pork chops dry with paper towels. Combine salt, pepper, sage, and thyme, and sprinkle generously over both sides of chops, pressing seasonings into meat with your fingers.
- 3Bread pork chops one at a time. Dredge seasoned chops in Parmesan cheese, coating both sides completely, patting to adhere. Then, using tongs, carefully dip both sides of chops in egg mixture, letting excess drip back into dish to ensure thin coating. Finally, dip both sides of chops in bread crumbs, pressing crumbs with fingers to form an even, cohesive coating.
- 4Place breaded chops on wire rack set over baking sheet, allow coating to dry for about 5 minutes. (The recipe can be done ahead to this point; cover chops loosely with wax paper and refrigerate for up to one hour.).
- 5Heat a large heavy-bottomed skillet over medium-low heat with enough olive oil to come halfway up the sides of the chops, about 1/4 cup. To flavor oil; stir in garlic, and cook until lightly browned. Remove garlic from skillet and discard or reserve for other uses. Increase heat to medium. When oil shimmers, add chops and fry 4 to 5 minutes on each side, until golden brown and crispy, or to an internal temperature between 150 and 160 degrees F.
- 6Drain on rack set over baking sheet, then transfer to a warm serving platter.
Browse Our Top High Protein Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All High Protein Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Garlic Parmesan Crusted Pork Chops
Serving Size: 1 (280 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 605.7
- Calories from Fat 277
- Total Fat 30.8 g
- Saturated Fat 10.8 g
- Cholesterol 247.1 mg
- Sodium 1396.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 56.0 g