Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
These pork chops come out nice and juicy with excellent flavor. These can stand alone with out the help of any sauce or gravy. Yum! They are a huge hit in our house. I actually got the recipe from a application on my phone and thought "why not". Glad I took a stab at it.
- 4 pork chops (1/2 inch thick, either bone in or boneless)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rubbed sage
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3⁄4 cup parmesan cheese (best if freshly grated)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup seasoned dry bread crumb (we use italian style)
- 4 garlic cloves (chopped)
- additional oil (for frying)
- Spread parmesan cheese in a shallow dish.
- Beat eggs with the 1 tbls of olive oil in a separate shallow dish.
- Spread bread crumbs in third shallow dish, pat pork chops dry with paper towel and set aside.
- Combine salt, pepper, sage, thyme, and sprinkle generously over both sides of the chops. Press seasoning into meat with your fingers.
- Dredge seasoned chops in parmesan cheese, coating both sides. Then using tongs dip chops in egg mixture and let excess drip off. Finally dip coated chops in bread crumbs. Press with fingers to ensure even coating.
- Place breaded chops on wire rack set over a baking sheet to allow coating to dry for about 5 minutes.
- Heat large skillet over medium-low heat with enough oil to come halfway up sides of chops. Stir in garlic and cook until lightly browned to season oil. Remove garlic and discard.
- Increase heat to medium. Once oil is hot add chops and fry about 4-6 minutes on each side or until golden brown and crispy.
- To keep crust in tact, drain any excess oil by placing chops on wire rack again.
Very tasty! I really enjoyed the flavor and texture of these chops. They came out nice and crispy on the outside, and tender and moist on the inside. Thanks so much!
Very, very nice fried chops. I'm a cooking novice and love a good crusted pork chop. This one was very flavorful yet easy enough for a newbie to pull off successfully. Will definitely be making these again.
Really really yummy! We will make this again. Thank you!