1/2 Photos of Garlic & Parmesan Crusted Pork Chops
These pork chops come out nice and juicy with excellent flavor. These can stand alone with out the help of any sauce or gravy. Yum! They are a huge hit in our house. I actually got the recipe from a application on my phone and thought "why not". Glad I took a stab at it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 pork chops (1/2 inch thick, either bone in or boneless)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rubbed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3/4 cup parmesan cheese (best if freshly grated)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup seasoned dry bread crumb (we use italian style)
- 4 garlic cloves (chopped)
- additional oil (for frying)
- 1Spread parmesan cheese in a shallow dish.
- 2Beat eggs with the 1 tbls of olive oil in a separate shallow dish.
- 3Spread bread crumbs in third shallow dish, pat pork chops dry with paper towel and set aside.
- 4Combine salt, pepper, sage, thyme, and sprinkle generously over both sides of the chops. Press seasoning into meat with your fingers.
- 5Dredge seasoned chops in parmesan cheese, coating both sides. Then using tongs dip chops in egg mixture and let excess drip off. Finally dip coated chops in bread crumbs. Press with fingers to ensure even coating.
- 6Place breaded chops on wire rack set over a baking sheet to allow coating to dry for about 5 minutes.
- 7Heat large skillet over medium-low heat with enough oil to come halfway up sides of chops. Stir in garlic and cook until lightly browned to season oil. Remove garlic and discard.
- 8Increase heat to medium. Once oil is hot add chops and fry about 4-6 minutes on each side or until golden brown and crispy.
- 9To keep crust in tact, drain any excess oil by placing chops on wire rack again.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Garlic & Parmesan Crusted Pork Chops
Serving Size: 1 (280 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 605.5
- Calories from Fat 277
- Total Fat 30.7 g
- Saturated Fat 10.8 g
- Cholesterol 247.1 mg
- Sodium 1396.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 56.0 g