1/1 Photo of Garlic Parmesan Croutons!
Pretty much any type of bread will make good croutons. You can use stale pieces of baguette to the end slices of a sandwich loaf. Good croutons follow these basic rules= Make sure to cut the bread into uniform pieces, the cubes must be tossed with olive oil that has been laced with the determined spices, and the pieces must be baked in a 350*F. oven until golden. These are great served over soup and salads, even good as a munchy. Adapted from The America's Test Kitchen Family Cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Adjust oven rack to the center postion in your oven and heat to 350*F.
- 2Whisk the oil, garlic, salt and Parmesan cheese together in a large bowl. Add the bread cubes and toss until thoroughly coated.
- 3Spread the bread cubes onto a baking sheet and bake until golden brown, about 20-25 minutes.
- 4Allow the croutons to cool to room temperature before serving. Enjoy!
- 6This recipe makes enough for at least two large salads(2-3 quart salad). Any leftovers will keep in an airtight container or ziplock bag for about 1 week.
Browse Our Top Garnishes Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Garlic Parmesan Croutons!
Serving Size: 1 (329 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 382.1
- Calories from Fat 257
- Total Fat 28.5 g
- Saturated Fat 7.3 g
- Cholesterol 22.0 mg
- Sodium 766.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 12.3 g