1/4 Photos of Garlic Panko Chicken Strips
I needed something quick for dinner last night, and so created this on-the-spot -- inspired by a garlic chicken recipe I read in a cookbook, which used whole chicken pieces, skin and bone. Plus I wanted to finish off my bag of panko so I could go buy a new one. I was so pleased with how this turned out that I intend to make it regularly. Panko are japanese bread crumbs and they are highly superior to any other type; please try to source them out for this dish rather than use regular dry bread crumbs. The "international" or "ethnic" aisle in your grocery store should sell panko; if not, complain to the manager!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a small saucepan, melt butter over medium-low heat; as butter starts to melt, add minced garlic into the saucepan.
- 2Once butter has melted, remove from heat and pour garlic butter mixture into a low flat dish, like a soup plate or pie pan.
- 3In another low, flat dish, combine panko, parmesan, and parsley if using (some kids don't like green bits in their food, so feel free to leave out); add salt and pepper to suit your tastes.
- 4Preheat oven to 400F; have ready a baking pan that's been lightly sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
- 5Remove chicken tenderloin from breasts and leave whole, then cut breasts crosswise into strips.
- 6Roll chicken pieces into garlic butter, then completely dredge in panko mixture; place on prepared baking pan.
- 7Should you have any panko mixture left over when you are done, sprinkle over chicken strips; should you have any melted butter left over, pour over chicken.
- 8Bake in preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes, or until chicken is just cooked through.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Garlic Panko Chicken Strips
Serving Size: 1 (251 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 530.8
- Calories from Fat 251
- Total Fat 27.9 g
- Saturated Fat 15.0 g
- Cholesterol 179.2 mg
- Sodium 713.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 47.3 g