swiped this off purplefoodie.com, saving for safekeeping. i regularly make oven fries anyways but these look a little faster with the microwave time and a little crispier with the cornstarch coating. i'm hoping the coating would work on yam fries since i can never get those crispy in the oven and they always stick to the pan really badly. i may try this with the potatoes cut thinner since i'm not a fan of the big homestyle wedges type.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 225°C/440°F.
- 2Combine the garlic and oil in a large bowl, warming it until the garlic is fragrant, about 1 minute.
- 3Transfer 5 tablespoons of the oil (leaving the garlic in the bowl) to the baking dish, coating it well.
- 4Add the potatoes to the bowl with the garlic mixture and toss to coat. Wrap tightly in plastic wrap and microwave on high power until the potatoes are translucent around the edges, 3 to 6 minutes, shaking the bowl to redistribute the potatoes halfway through cooking.
- 5Combine the cornstarch, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and cayenne in a small bowl. Sprinkle over the hot potatoes and toss well to coat.
- 6Arrange the potatoes in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet and bake, turning once, until deep golden brown and crisp, 30 to 40 minutes.
- 7Serve with ketchup, mayo or sour cream.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Garlic Oven Fries
Serving Size: 1 (391 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 674.6
- Calories from Fat 368
- Total Fat 40.9 g
- Saturated Fat 5.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1768.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 72.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.9 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 7.5 g