Recipe by EdsGirlAngie
Simple and delicious. Marinate pork in a combination of sherry, balsamic vinegar, oregano and basil, plus plenty of garlic and a dash of lemon juice, then grill to perfection (toss some dried oregano or basil stems in the coals for even more flavor!). Prep time includes marinating.
- 1 -1 1⁄4 lb pork tenderloin
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (more if you like)
- 1⁄4 cup sherry wine (not cooking sherry)
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano, minced (or 3/4 tbsp. dried)
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coarse grind black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine marinade ingredients in a plastic zipper bag.
- Add whole pork tenderloin and marinate, refrigerated, for at least 6 hours, but overnight produces best flavor.
- When ready to grill, let pork sit at room temperature for about 15 minutes, then remove tenderloin from bag and discard leftover marinade.
- If you wish, for even grilling,"tuck under" the tapered ends of the tenderloin so meat is of equal thickness throughout while cooking.
- For even more herb flavor, add some oregano and basil stems to the hot coals.
- Oak chips soaked about 30 minutes are good, too.
- Grill tenderloin about 5 minutes per side (all four sides, 20 minutes total) or until meat is still juicy and just faintly pink inside (remember meat will still cook a bit after it's removed from the grate).