Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This fantastic andincredibly simple recipe from Deborah Mele makes use of flavored olive oil, the orange infused can be found in many supermarkets or italian stores. I prefer to make my own: Orange (Or Lemon) Infused Olive Oil (along with lemon as well..both are great). Time does not include 1 hour marinating
- 16 large shrimp
- 2 large garlic cloves, Finely Chopped
- 1 red chili pepper, Dried, Crushed
- 6 tablespoons orange infused olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup chopped parsley
- Marinate the shrimp in the other ingredients for one hour before cooking.
- Heat a frying on high, and once hot, add the shrimp and marinade mixture. Cook for 4-5 minutes or until the shrimp become slightly browned and opaque.
One half teaspoon of crushed red pepper was used since I did not have a whole one. This was the right amount of heat for us. I made the recipe you gave for the orange infused oil. But this recipe gave the oil more orange color then flavor. I read to avoid the oil turning orange, heat the oil over low heat with the peel for 3 to 5 minute. Let it cool then cover and let stand for 1 hour. Made for Newest Zaar Tag 2012