Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I got this recipe from a friend who comes from Vlaidvostock, RUSSIA. This is her mother's recipe for mashed potatoes.
- Peel potatoes, cut into large chunks and place in a pot of boiling water.
- (Cook potatoes until they can be mashed with a spoon).
- Meanwhile brown the onion and the garlic in a small amount of butter.
- Strain the potatoes and place back into pot.
- (Leave the burner on a low heat).
- Add the browned onions and garlic.
- Add the sour cream, milk, butter, garlic salt, garlic powder and salt.
- Mash all together.
- Mash the potatoes until desired"thickness.
- "NOTE***Please feel free to use more or less of any of the ingredients to attain desired taste.
- NOTE***Using more milk will result in"creamier" mashed potatoes and less milk will result in"chunkier" mashed potatoes.
These potatoes were OK, not fantastic, just good mashed potatoes. I think I like the flavour of roasted garlic in my garlic potatoes, but these were good with our Dill Chicken Breasts Dill Chicken Breasts last night.
Oh Nikki, those potatoes were so good. Served them with sausage and sauerkraut and they tasted great! Even better I have enough left to make potato pancakes with the leftovers tomorrow. This recipe is a keeper. Carole in Orlando