Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
These green beans taste like they have been cooking all day!!
Make and share this Garlic Onion Green Beans recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 (28 ounce) can green beans, drained
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Melt butter over medium high heat, saute onions until translucent.
- Add green beans and cook until almost browned.
- Add garlic powder and salt and pepper to taste.
I make my green beans like this every time now. I even add a little more garlic. It dresses up canned green beans perfectly.
Good buttery, garlic flavor. I used Smart Balance instead of butter but otherwise followed the recipe.
This was very tasty! I used only 4 Tbsp of butter and fresh green beans. The whole family enjoyed it; even our Korean student and my picky 6 yo DS. It was, however, just a little too oily for my tastes, even after cutting the butter in half. The next time I make this, I will reduce the butter even more and probably use fresh garlic, rather than garlic powder. Thank you, NanaPuddin', for a great new way to serve green beans.