Recipe by Barb G.
This muffin makes a perfect bread accompaniment for steaks and roast. The recipe comes from " A taste of Cuba" and was sent to me.
Top Review by blakesle
I have made these twice in the last 2 weeks to accompany dinner. Very tasty and easy to put together. I added extra garlic and used green onion. Just the right amount of sweet and savoury. Thanks for the recipe. Catherine
- 2 cups flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium onion, diced
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- In a large bowl, mix flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
- In a small bowl, mix together egg, milk, garlic and onion.
- Make a well in the center of dry ingredients and pour in the egg mixture and melted butter.
- Mix together using as few strokes as possible.
- DO NOT OVER BEAT--the batter should have small lumps in it.
- Pour into 12 paper-lined muffins tins, filling about 2/3 full.
- Bake 20 minutes or until muffins begin to turn golden on top.
- Test for doneness with a toothpick which should come out clean.
- Remove from tins and cool slightly before serving.