Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Throw a little cheese in the middle of this omelet if you can't do without but it is wonderful without! I eat omelets at any time of the day..with different sides for different times of the day. Fun and easy to throw together at the last minute!
- 4 cloves garlic, cut into slivers
- 8 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Whisk the eggs, garlic, salt, pepper and 2 Tbs of cold water until mixed.
- Warm the oil and butter in a 10" omelet or frying pan over medium heat.
- When the butter begins to foam, turn up the heat to medium high and pour in the egg mixture.
- With a fork, dray the edges of the eggs toward the middle and tilt the pan so that the uncooked egg flows underneath.
- Continue until the omelet is just set and top is creamy and moist, about 4 minutes.
- Take the pan from the heat at once and loosen the omelet edges with a fork.
- Fold the omelet in half and turn out on a warm platter.
- Sprinkle with the red pepper flakes and serve.