Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is an easy pasta recipe with tons of flavor. It's an adaptation of simple olive oil, garlic, and pasta but elevated to another level.
- In a medium size skillet add 1 can chicken broth, cubed raw chicken breast, and halved garlic. Cook on med low covered for 15 minutes or until chicken is done. Remove chicken only and place on plate to cool.
- Meanwhile in a pot of boiling water, add 2 handfuls of salt and cook spaghetti. Drain. You can also half the amount of pasta and still use the same amount of the other ingredients and it turns out great if you are serving 2 people.
- In a large skillet over medium low heat saute garlic, parsley, red pepper flakes and tomatoes in olive oil about 10 to 15 minutes or until garlic is golden.
- Melt butter in a bowl in microwave, about 30 seconds.
- Toss pasta with chicken, butter, and garlic oil mixture.
This was a pretty good recipe. I'm not sure I understand the use of the chicken stock to cook the chicken and then apparently discarding it. I simply sauteed the chicken with oil, salt and garlic powder in olive oil and added it to the sauce. Also I put in some roughly chopped green olives which gave it a little surprise tang in each bite and seasoned the sauce with dried basil and oregano. Turned out quite well.