1 hr 35 mins
1 hr 15 mins
Make the marinade in the morning, leave the chicken soaking all day and when you get home all you have to do is a quick chop, assemble and bake. I made this up in one of my "clean out" weeks. I used bone, skin-on chicken breasts and the skin came out so crispy. I never measure so these are my best estimate, feel free to adjust. Prep time does not including marinating time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 bone-in skin-on chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 lemon, zested, halved, and one half juiced
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic (I admit it, I use the pre-chopped kind from a jar)
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 large sweet onion, chopped
- 1/4 head cabbage, chopped
- 1 (28 ounce) can stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (14 ounce) can white beans, drained (such as great northern)
- 1For Marinade.
- 2In a glass bowl or casserole large enough to hold the chicken mix together olive oil, white wine vinegar, lemon zest, juice from 1/2 the lemon, garlic,oregano and red pepper flakes. Add chicken and coat well. Marinate all day or overnight.
- 3To Bake.
- 4If you are using the same casserole dish that you marinated it in to bake it remove chicken and set aside, leaving marinade. Place onions, then cabbage in casserole. Pour stewed tomatoes and beans over and mix well. Try to cover all the cabbge with liquid.
- 5Place chicken on top of vegetable-bean mixture. Bake at 450 degrees for approximatley 1 hour 15 minutes or until juices run clear.
- 6Serve with crusty peasant bread and a Caesar salad.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Garlic-olive Oil Baked Chicken W/ Tomatoes, Cabbage and Beans
Serving Size: 1 (707 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 682.8
- Calories from Fat 293
- Total Fat 32.6 g
- Saturated Fat 6.5 g
- Cholesterol 92.8 mg
- Sodium 746.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.2 g
- Sugars 16.4 g
- Protein 44.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar