Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I made this today because I had to use up some potatoes before they went bad. Feel free to make changes depending on what ingredients and seasonings you have available
- 4 -6 red potatoes, quartered
- carrot (optional)
- celery (optional)
- olive oil, enough to coat vegetables
- 3 tablespoons melted butter (optional)
- 1 onion
- 1 shallot
- 3 garlic cloves, pressed with garlic press
- sea salt
- fresh ground pepper
- red pepper flakes
- shredded parmesan cheese (optional)
- -Preheat oven to 425.
- -Cut up potatoes (and celery and carrots, if using) and put in an 8x8 glass baking dish.
- -Chop onion and shallot in food processor and mix with potatoes/veggies.
- -Mix garlic in with potatoes/veggies, onions and shallots.
- -Pour on enough olive oil to coat the potato/veggie mixture (I usually put sandwich baggies over my hands and mix it all with my hands. You want to completely cover the potatoes with the olive oil so that the seasonings will stick).
- -Sprinkle seasonings over potato/veggie mixture (I used the ones listed above, but use whatever kinds you like). Do not add parmesan cheese yet.
- -Pour 3 tbsp of butter over everything if you want to add a buttery flavor, or skip this step if you prefer the olive oil only.
- -Bake for 55 mins, stirring once halfway through cooking.
- -Remove from oven and add shredded parmesan, then bake for another 5 mins or until cheese is melted.