Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a great recipe for the first time canner. Very easy and very tasty too. Great for using up all that okra from the garden.
- 3 lbs uncut fresh okra
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup pickling salt
- 2 garlic cloves, minced, to taste
- 3 cups water
- Wash okra well.
- Drain thoroughly and pack into hot pint jars.
- Combine vinegar, pickling salt, garlic and water.
- Bring to boiling; slowly pour into jars to within ½ inch of the top.
- Adjust the lids.
- Process in a water bath for 5 minutes (start timing when water returns to boiling).