Recipe by Charishma_Ramchandani
From the Foodcourt column, Weekend.
Top Review by CookieMan
This is terrible. To make good oil like this you should heat the oil to nearly smoking & then add your minced/chopped garlic then strain through muslin/cheesecloth to remove all bits. This way you wont get any nasties. You also have to boil your bottles & dry them in your oven to prevent any bacteria.
Directions See How It's Made
- Add the oil gradually to the garlic in a mixer/blender bowl and process until all the oil is fully used up and well mixed with the garlic.
- Pour into a glass bottle.
- Seal the bottle tightly and refrigerate
- Turn the bottle upside down once every 2 days.
- Discard any remaining oil after one week, or sooner if apparent cloudiness, gas bubbles, or foul odor develop or add an acidifying agent such as lemon juice or vinegar to the recipe at the rate of one tablespoon per cup of oil to prevent botulism.
- Use in salad dressings, stir-fries and pasta dishes.