Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Here's a little recipe for creating garlic olive oil. You should only make a little at a time because you don't want your oil to spoil. Once you make it -- bottle it up and put it in the fridge and use it during the week for cooking. My only note is, add a little fresh basil or thyme leaves for an even more robust taste experience. Enjoy!!
- In a small saucepan, bring the garlic and oil to a boil, then turn the heat to low, and cook for 5 minutes, until the garlic is lightly browned.
- Turn off the heat and set aside. The garlic will continue to cook.
- Remove the garlic cloves from the oil and slice them.
- Place them in a bowl and pour the oil over them.
- Bottle it up and put it in the fridge. Use it for cooking during the next week.