Prep 30 mins
Cook 6 mins
A fun tasty recipe that can be served to both adults and children. Kids like having their own skewers. Pairs nicely with a crisp green salad and a glass of a Cabernet Sauvignon. Recipe is from a email that I received.
- 2 lbs beef tenderloin, halved and cut into 1-inch slices
- 12 six-inch wooden skewers
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup grainy mustard
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Soak wooden skewers in cold water for 30 minutes.
- Whisk together all ingredients for glaze in a small bowl. Cover and let sit at room temperature for 30 minutes before using.
- Cut the tenderloin lengthwise in half, then cut the halves lengthwise in half again. Slice crosswise to make 24 equal pieces.
- Heat grill to high.
- Skewer 2 pieces of beef onto each skewer, keeping them together at one end of the skewer. Place the skewers in a baking dish or on a baking sheet, pour half of the glaze over the meat, and turn to coat.
- Grill the meat, turning once and brushing with the remaining glaze, for 4 to 6 minutes until golden brown, slightly charred, and cooked to medium-rare. Transfer the skewers to a cutting board and let rest for 5 minutes before serving.