1/2 Photos of Garlic-Mustard Grilled Beef Skewers
Yum, perfect for Father's Day or any warm, summer night! Be sure to leave the skewers on the grill long enough to get the beef nice and crusty on both sides. This means you have to be patient, and remember: Don't turn them often. Can also add grape tomatoes, mushrooms and chunks of red onion to the skewers. Sometimes I grill the veggies on separate skewers because they can cook quicker than the meat. Then I put all on a platter and let guests choose what they want. Plan ahead, needs to marinade for 30 minutes up to 4 hours. This is adapted from a Bobby Flay recipe. Prep time does not include marinade time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup whole grain mustard
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh rosemary leaf
- 2 teaspoons spanish paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
Grilled beef skewers
- 2 lbs beef tenderloin
- 12 (6 inch) wooden skewers, soaked in cold water for 30 minutes
- 1For garlic-mustard glaze:.
- 2Whisk together all of the ingredients in a small bowl.
- 3Add meat, cover,and marinade at least 30 minutes and up to 4 hours before using. Bring meat to room temp before grilling.
- 4For grilled beef skewers:.
- 5Heat your grill to high.
- 6Cut the tenderloin lengthwise in half, then cut the halves lengthwise in half again. Slice crosswise to make 24 equal pieces. Skewer 4 pieces of beef onto each skewer, keeping them together at one end of the skewer. (This will make the grilled skewer easier to hold and eat.).
- 7Grill the meat, turning once and brushing with the remaining glaze, for 4 to 6 minutes until golden brown, slightly charred, and cooked to medium-rare. Transfer the skewers to a cutting board and let rest for 5 minutes.
- 8Place the skewers on a platter and serve hot or at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Garlic-Mustard Grilled Beef Skewers
Serving Size: 1 (188 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 467.7
- Calories from Fat 280
- Total Fat 31.2 g
- Saturated Fat 12.0 g
- Cholesterol 129.9 mg
- Sodium 435.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 39.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar