Recipe by Sandi (From CA)
An Indian side dish, but one that I could make a meal out of! You can either leave the mushrooms whole or halved depending on their size.
- 3⁄4 lb whole mushroom
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon shredded spring onion
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 3 shredded green chilies
- 1 tablespoon thick tomato puree
- 1 tablespoon cream
- 2 tablespoons shredded garden herbs
- 1 cup yogurt
- 2 tablespoons spinach, blanched with stems removed
- 1 lime, zest of, grated
- grated nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon roasted ground cumin
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat butter.
- Add spring onions, garlic and chillies.
- After a few seconds, add mushrooms in as much of a single layer as possible to the pan. Do not stir for the first minute.
- Stir periodically for the second two minutes.
- Stir in tomato puree and cream.
- Season well and finish with herbs.
- To prepare raita, mash blanched spinach to form a paste, then whisk all ingredients together.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve with hot mushrooms.