Sandi (From CA)'s Note:
An Indian side dish, but one that I could make a meal out of! You can either leave the mushrooms whole or halved depending on their size.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 lb whole mushroom
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon shredded spring onion
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 3 shredded green chilies
- 1 tablespoon thick tomato puree
- 1 tablespoon cream
- 2 tablespoons shredded garden herbs
- 1Heat butter.
- 2Add spring onions, garlic and chillies.
- 3After a few seconds, add mushrooms in as much of a single layer as possible to the pan. Do not stir for the first minute.
- 4Stir periodically for the second two minutes.
- 5Stir in tomato puree and cream.
- 6Season well and finish with herbs.
- 7To prepare raita, mash blanched spinach to form a paste, then whisk all ingredients together.
- 8Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve with hot mushrooms.
Browse Our Top Spinach Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Garlic Mushrooms With Spinach Raita
Serving Size: 1 (195 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 214.2
- Calories from Fat 108
- Total Fat 12.0 g
- Saturated Fat 7.2 g
- Cholesterol 36.1 mg
- Sodium 118.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 12.4 g
- Protein 11.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
limes, zest of