Proper comfort food but not for those watching their carbs or calories *sigh*. This is a great winter warmer for a special treat
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 750 g maris piper potatoes, peeled and diced
- 85 g garlic butter
- 400 g mixed mushrooms
- 100 ml madeira wine
- 150 ml vegetable stock
- 4 tablespoons double cream
- 1 teaspoon cornflour
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 25 g butter
- 1 small leek, trimmed and sliced
- 5 tablespoons creme fraiche
- 1Cook the potatoes in boiling salted water until very tender (about 20 mins).
- 2Heat garlic butter in a pan and add mushrooms and a good twist of black pepper. Cook over a high heat for about 5 minutes Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside, keeping warm.
- 3Return the pan to the heat and add the wine and stock boil until reduced by half.
- 4Mix the cornflour with the water and add to the stock along with the cream. Bring to boil and stir until thickened. Add mushrooms and parsley and keep warm.
- 5Melt the plain butter in a pan and gently fry the leek until soft.
- 6Drain the potatoes and mash with the crème fraiche.
- 7serve the mash and potatoes topped with the leeks.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Garlic Mushrooms With Leeks and Mash
Serving Size: 1 (761 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 850.4
- Calories from Fat 320
- Total Fat 35.6 g
- Saturated Fat 22.0 g
- Cholesterol 119.1 mg
- Sodium 160.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 81.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.2 g
- Sugars 6.7 g
- Protein 10.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: