Recipe by PinkCherryBlossom
Proper comfort food but not for those watching their carbs or calories *sigh*. This is a great winter warmer for a special treat
- 750 g maris piper potatoes, peeled and diced
- 85 g garlic butter
- 400 g mixed mushrooms
- 100 ml madeira wine
- 150 ml vegetable stock
- 4 tablespoons double cream
- 1 teaspoon cornflour
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 25 g butter
- 1 small leek, trimmed and sliced
- 5 tablespoons creme fraiche
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the potatoes in boiling salted water until very tender (about 20 mins).
- Heat garlic butter in a pan and add mushrooms and a good twist of black pepper. Cook over a high heat for about 5 minutes Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside, keeping warm.
- Return the pan to the heat and add the wine and stock boil until reduced by half.
- Mix the cornflour with the water and add to the stock along with the cream. Bring to boil and stir until thickened. Add mushrooms and parsley and keep warm.
- Melt the plain butter in a pan and gently fry the leek until soft.
- Drain the potatoes and mash with the crème fraiche.
- serve the mash and potatoes topped with the leeks.