Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A very nice vegetarian appetizer that is served warm with assorted crusty breads. Recipes4us.co.uk website is where I found this recipe and it will also be included in the Zaar World Tour 2005 Swap, Britain.
- 75 g butter, 3 ounces
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 375 g button mushrooms, 13 ounces and wiped clean
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons parsley, freshly chopped
- 1 tablespoon basil, freshly chopped
- bread, assorted crusty style to serve
- In a large skillet, melt butter and add the garlic. Over medium heat saute garlic until soft and golden, stirring occasionally.
- Turning heat to medium high, add the mushrooms and continue to sauté and stir until softened.
- Add the salt, black pepper, cayenne, parsley and basil to mushrooms and garlic. Stirring constantly, continue to cook for 1-2 minutes or until well combined. Serve immediately with assorted crusty breads.
Just delicious! I used crushed red pepper flakes instead of the cayenne, otherwise made just as directed. Served with toasted flatbread and loved these - thanks for sharing the recipe!
Absolutely delicious! Even my kids devour them. So easy, and a perfect side dish to any meal.
This was right up our alley!! Loved the parsley and basil with the shrooms. I made this as a side dish as we're not eating bread right now. Turned out delicious!!!