Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 mins
These mushrooms have a feisty flavor with the garlic and red pepper cooked in canola oil.
- 1⁄2 cup beef broth (no-salt)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 5 cups mushrooms, cut quarterly (about 1 pound)
- cooking spray
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper, crushed
- 10 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- Heat oil in a large (nonstick) skillet coated with cooking spray.
- Heat over medium to high heat until hot.
- Add the mushrooms, red pepper,salt and garlic into the skillet and saute for 3 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium and then add the broth and black pepper and cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and then sprinkle with parsley.
Very nice mushrooms without butter. Lots of zing from the red pepper. For our taste there was too much parsely. Or maybe it was chopped too coarsely. Next time I'd chop it very finely and reduce by half. Good side to dinner though. Thanks.
These were very tasty, i served them with some shrimp. They had great flavor loved all the garlic.
very tasty, my hubbie was lucky he even got some of these! Love the spice and garlic. I added more red pepper and garlic (love the combo), Thanks Mary in LA