Recipe by Mary in LA.
These mushrooms have a feisty flavor with the garlic and red pepper cooked in canola oil.
Top Review by ladypit
Very nice mushrooms without butter. Lots of zing from the red pepper. For our taste there was too much parsely. Or maybe it was chopped too coarsely. Next time I'd chop it very finely and reduce by half. Good side to dinner though. Thanks.
- 1⁄2 cup beef broth (no-salt)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 5 cups mushrooms, cut quarterly (about 1 pound)
- cooking spray
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper, crushed
- 10 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a large (nonstick) skillet coated with cooking spray.
- Heat over medium to high heat until hot.
- Add the mushrooms, red pepper,salt and garlic into the skillet and saute for 3 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium and then add the broth and black pepper and cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and then sprinkle with parsley.