Prep 40 mins
Cook 30 mins
I think I got this recipe off AOL several years ago and it's so good! Prep time includes marinating time and cook time is a guess since grill times may be different.
- 1⁄4 cup steak sauce
- 1 small onion
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar (can use more)
- 3 New York strip steaks
- 2 (8 ounce) packages sliced mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons steak sauce
- 3 cloves minced fresh garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Mix the steak sauce, onion and brown sugar in a glass dish. Add steaks, coating well; marinate in fridge at least 30 minutes.
- Make mushrooms by combining all ingredients in an aluminum pan. Cover loosely with foil. Place on hot grill. Cover and grill 10 minutes. (Mushrooms can be placed in a 350º oven instead, baking for the directed amount of time). Stir mushrooms after 10 minutes and re-cover them, continuing to cook them for another 8-10 minutes.
- Remove steaks from marinade. Grill until steaks reach desired doneness.
This 5 star is for the mushrooms only!!! They were great. We could not get enough of them. We also did the steaks but now we know that we do not like sweet on our steaks. Even the little bit of brown sugar gave it too sweet of a taste for us.
I made the mushroom part of your recipe tonight and it was delicious. I followed your directions and used the oven to cook it. I will be using this recipe often, thanks for sharing:).
We had 'mushroom night' here tonight and this was the star recipe. I prepared as written except that I used a big ole sirloin steak, rather than the strip steaks. I prepared half the mushroom part of the recipe...this was just for my husband and myself. I ended up marinating the steak for about 2 hours. I LOVED doing the mushrooms this way!! It's really hot here right now and it was so easy to throw them into a foil pan and let the outside grill do the work, rather than heat up the house. We have some leftover steak and mushrooms and I plan on using them to make mushroom omelettes with sauteed steak on the side. By the way, as you can see from the picture, we like our steak rare at our house....cook it to your liking, of course! We loved this recipe Lvs2Cook, thanks so much for sharing :)