Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
These are dainty, delicious appetizers that are very company-worthy.
- 12 ounces mushrooms, chopped
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (lime also works fine)
- 3 -4 garlic cloves, diced
- 3 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup milk
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 egg whites
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Saute mushrooms, garlic and lemon juice in two tablespoons of the butter.
- Add parley, and tranfer to a medium bowl; set aside.
- Melt the rest of the butter, add flour and stir in for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and stir in milk.
- Return to heat and allow to boil until thickened, while stirring continuously.
- Add the sauce to the mushroom mixture.
- Beat in the egg yolks.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Whisk the egg whites to stiff peaks and gently fold into the mushroom mixture.
- Fill into greased ramekins, place on a baking sheet, and cook for 10 minutes.
- Watch carefully once they have risen to be sure not to overcook as they will turn rubbery.
- Serve immediately before they collapse.