Prep 30 mins
Cook 6 mins
Had this over roast chicken, Yummy!
- 3 cloves garlic
- 250 g button mushrooms
- 25 g butter
- 1 cup red wine
- 1 teaspoon green peppercorn
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- Crushed garlic, peel and chop finely.
- Wipe mushrooms and slice finely.
- Melt butter in a saucepan and add garlic and mushrooms.
- Cook 2 minutes.
- Add the red wine and peppercorns.
- Bring to the boil and simmer 3 - 4 minute. Stir in the sour cream and salt. Drizzle sauce over chicken or steaks.
- Cheers, Doreen Doreen Randal, Wanganui.
- New Zealand.
Turned out great. Thanks for the recipe.
Very tasty as DM commented but overall found to be a bit on the thin side, will look at reducing further in step 6 or thickening with cornflour (cornstarch) water mix. Overall was a very tasteful addition to our sirloin steak. Thank you Doreen Randal for you recipe, it is saved in my cookbook to try again.
This is a superb sauce. I used it with this Burger recipe http://www.recipezaar.com/144248 in place of a sauce I couldn't find on the shelves.